The Benefits of Using QR Codes for Municipal Payments
It's a fact of life, municipalities need to be paid for the services they provide. In the past, this was done by mailing in a check or paying in person. But with QR codes, it's now easier than ever to make those payments. With just a few taps on your phone, the payment is processed and sent electronically to the municipality. And if you need a receipt for your records, HeyGov can easily issue that for you as well. So if you're looking for an easy and convenient way to pay your municipality, be sure to use QR codes!
What is a QR Code?
A QR code is a type of barcode that can be read by a smartphone. When you see a QR code, you can use your phone to scan it and get more information about what it represents. In this case, the QR code will take you to the HeyGov payment page so you can quickly and easily make your payment.
How Does it work?
After you've scanned the QR code, you'll be taken to the HeyGov payment page. From there, you can enter the amount you want to pay and your payment information. Once that's all set, just hit submit and your payment will be processed!
Benefits of Using QR Codes in Local Government
There are many benefits to using QR codes for payments in local government.
- Firstly, it's a very convenient way to pay. You don't have to worry about writing a check or going to the municipality in person to make a payment. And if you need a receipt for your records, HeyGov can easily issue that for you as well.
- Another benefit of using QR codes is that it's a very secure way to pay. Your payment information is encrypted and sent directly to the municipality, so you don't have to worry about it being intercepted or stolen. And HeyGov is always updating its security measures to ensure that your information is safe and protected.
- No more sock money from boaters! QR codes mean the municipality can accept money when no one has (physical) money on them because we all carry a phone!
- It's convenient! Residents can pay for boat launch permits early in the morning before the marina or the town hall is open or make donations late at night, without disturbing the municipal staff to double-check the banking details.
- No need to stand in line at the bank to bank the checks and cash. As the payment is processed with the HeyGov payment solution, all payments are seen on the backend. All the transactions in a specific period are downloadable, to make month-end reconciliation a breeze.
HeyGov Customers and What They use QR Codes for
- Big Cedar Lake Protection and Rehabilitation District: uses QR code for daily and seasonal boat launch permits
- Town of Land O’Lakes uses a QR code to accept donations.
So, if you're looking for an easy and convenient way to process payment in your municipality, be sure to consider HeyGov's payment solution for local governments!