Digitizing Your Boat Launch Permit With a QR Code
🎶 In the summertime, and the weather is fine! 🎶
Boat launches are a public resource and very popular, especially in the summer months, but to get on it (legally) you need to pay a fee. The fees vary from county to county. Some municipalities charge for the use of boat launches, by providing a daily or annual boating permit to boaters. This blog post looks at new ways of handling boat launch permits.
Traditionally, the manual process involves a guy, sock-money and the tag.
One end was torn off and placed into the car window, the other into the box by the boat launch.
- PD needs to be paid to check licenses daily, and over weekends.
- A kiosk that needs to be maintained annually, which can be quite expensive.
- Lost revenue to those who don't pay, although they might want to. Not having the correct cash or a checkbook to write a check for the payment.
Digital boat launches with HeyGov means easy and efficient payment solutions for municipalities!
- Using a QR code at the marina, to prompt users to get a boating permit.
- Digital payment, no more sock-money!
- Zero maintenance!
- PD gets access to boating permit holders
How it works
- HeyGov digitizes your boat launch permit and places it onto your website
- We provide you with a unique QR code that’s linked to the license on your website
- We provide you with a printed copy, to go up at the marina.
- Visitors and boaters point their phone to scan the QR code, apply and pay for their boat launch permit with HeyGov!
Boat launch permits aren’t the only thing a HeyGov QR code can be used for! Chat to us if you’d like to learn more! Or, pop into a Drop in Demo every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:30pm (central time).